PDA

View Full Version : Xbox E3 Discussion

tcg joey
06-14-2015, 08:36 AM
I have a sneaking feeling Microsoft are going to go huge at E3 this year and i'll bring you as much cool shit as humanly possible over the next few days.

The Microsoft presentation kicks off at 16:30 tomorrow so i'll be missing the live stream which sucks ass but i'm sure all the awesome Halo news will cheer me up ;thumbs up;

Anyone catching the live stream?

tcg joey
06-15-2015, 10:52 AM
Straight out of the gate and we have a new Doom and Fallout 4 coming this year. Not a bad start to E3 is it ladies?

Stupendous82
06-16-2015, 10:44 AM
i was very impressed with Microsoft - finally the xbox one seems to be kicking on. Fallout 4 and tomb raider and the remaster of gears have been my highlights and like the idea of backwards compatability. roll on november!!!

tcg joey
06-16-2015, 11:35 AM
I agree. Did you like the look of Recore? I thought that looked fantastic

Samorai
06-16-2015, 02:01 PM
Here's my comprehensive list of reactions to E3

Fallout 4 - fuck yes to everything, looks like a huge step up in what open world games can offer. The mods thing as well is good news. Can’t have enough sexy naked companions in a game.

Dishonored 2 - loved the first game, so this is good news. Not sure about keeping the same lead characters but more Dishonored! Who cares!

Rare Pirate Game - can’t remember the name. Looks a bit cartoony for my taste but the idea of a MP co-op pirate ship-em-up sounds like fun.

Halo 5 - Whilst nothing exactly made me go “wow”, its going to be pretty, its going to be fun and I’ll buy it without waiting for a review.

Mirrors Edge 2 - sounds fun. The fact its now open world should allow a lot more variation on the free-running, rather than the fun but linear first games maps. I assume apart from open world there might also be more linear story mission maps? Either way, seems to be a good direction for the game.

Rainbow 6 Siege - the addition of Terrorist Hunt is good but I still can’t quite believe an MP focussed game with short matches will do it justice.

ReCore - hard to tell what the game itself will be like but new IP is always a good move. Plus I like desert wastelands.

Mass Effect Gene Roddenberry’s Andromeda - Its Mass Effect. ‘Nuff said. But it’s so far away! Book!

Battlefront - looked very pretty but I dunno. Just felt a bit ‘ehhh’. Have to wait and see on that.

Gears 4 - looks like a very pretty game. They seem to have reduced the bulk on character design (so they’re more like humans that steroid-apes) but without more details, I’m reserving judgement on that.

Assassins Creed Syndicate - I don’t know if its series fatigue or maybe the fact it stars Londoner’s and they’re all bell-ends but I can’t feel much enthusiasm for this one. I’m sure it’ll be fun and competent but otherwise: Meh.

The Division - I’m still looking forward to this. Could be great fun with 4 players. Although, anyone who tries to kill me and steal my loot gets killed every time I see them after that. No exceptions.

Elite Dangerous - I already have this for PC and have been playing the nuts off it. I’m intrigued to see how the control system works on a pad. I might have to try the free preview. It’s a very pretty, very hard game (practically no hand holding).

No Man’s Sky - still looks like it could be amazing. The trailer yet again fails to explain what exactly we’ll do in a galaxy on infinite planets but it has real potential to change things for the better or bomb hard. I really wished MS has snapped this up but they seem to be a step behind it securing the timed exclusives in these sort of games.

Uncharted 4 - looks pretty, polished and fun, just like all of the other Uncharted games. I’d buy a PS4 of the Nathan Drake Collection and for this.

As Stu said, MS finally seems to have got its shit together at long last. Well done to Phil “Phil” Spencer for that turnaround. HoloLens, whilst I think its primarily a more commercial tool, is a truly astonishing bit of kit.
Sony seems to be flagging a bit after its amazing start two years ago.

S7eve
06-16-2015, 04:22 PM
I was interested in bits of both Sony and Microsofts offerings. I wouldn't say i was more moved by one or the other, or that ones on the way up or the way down etc.

For me:

Tier 1 - might preorder
Fallout
Uncharted
Mirrors Edge

Tier 2 - will wait until price comes down
Battlefront
No Mans Sky
AC:Syndicate (yes i know it will probably be shite)

Tier 3 - might get when its cheap
Gears
Elite

meh
The rest - including Halo (which i will no doubt get and then moan like fuck about as usual)

Samorai
06-16-2015, 04:37 PM
I liked the look of the ELITE CONTROLLER but the price is just ridiculous. 130? Stroll on! If it were say... 70-80, I'd consider it. I'd have it hooked up to the XBO and PC. Extra button/paddles could come in useful for more complex games.

BlackKnight616
06-17-2015, 10:50 AM
They’re $150 so I’ll look to pick one up when I’m in ‘Murica later in the year, I like the look of it but the price is pretty steep.

BlackKnight616
06-17-2015, 11:20 AM
As for my general impressions.

Fallout 4 – Just give it to me already! If it’s as good as Fallout 3 then we’re looking at a game of the generation candidate here. The fact they’re bundling Fallout 3 with it is just the icing on the cake (though I must admit it’s unlikely I’ll play it when I have the new game right there to play instead).

Dark Souls 3 – Yes please, DS1 is a bloody masterpiece. Same again.

Dishonored 2 – Loved the first one, more of the same please.

Halo 5 – Ahh Halo. Never really clicked with me in a real way, I think it’s partly franchise fatigue, I don’t really like the MP but the coop & campaign parts of the games I do rather enjoy. I’ll probably buy it for those parts.

Gears – See above, enjoy the campaigns (particularly in coop), can leave the MP.

Battlefront – A big wait & see here, looks decent but it’s all scripted in these trailers. Coop looks promising but I won’t be pre-ordering.

The Division – When’s it actually coming out, when it’s got a firm release date & is actually close to being done come back & I’ll see.

Rare Collection – Meh… 10,000 gamerscore! Well then we shall have to investigate further!

Sony begging for kickstarter cash on stage at E3 – Embarrassing. Plus the fact people have gone for it & they’ve not taken a roasting aren’t good signs for the future.

FF7 Remake – Too much talking, JRPG’s have had their day.

No Mans Sky – I maintain this will be a flop, nothing they show adds up to an actual game so far.

New XBONE Experience – Looks awesome & I’m a sucker for a UI update. As long as they make everything faster (and move achievements offline again, the current system is dumb & just doesn’t work) I’ll be very happy.

XBONE streaming – Well I’m now on the lookout for a cheap Dell Venue 8 Pro so yes, I will be using it.

Backwards Compatibility – I’m actually very pleased with this too, though I’ll be holding onto the 360 anyway until they’re covering a lot more titles (basically everything that’s been on GwG).

Nintendo – I give up. A new Metroid, Animal Crossing on the Wii U, sounds great! Until you realise they’re actually spin off titles butchering beloved IP’s. Fuck sake, just make a new F-Zero, a proper Animal Crossing Wii U, a new Metroid Prime (or even a 2D title) and for the love of god just put Melee on the Virtual Console, it’s like they don’t want peoples money. And this Amiibo business is way out of hand.

loutzee
06-20-2015, 06:32 PM
With the backwards compatibility here a list of the voting so far

Red Dead Redemption
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Halo: Reach
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Gears of War 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Fallout 3
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Mass Effect 3

Hopefully we will see a new Red Dead in the future as clearly there is demand..rumour has it's been worked on

tcg joey
06-21-2015, 03:40 PM
COD 4 is coming anyway all remastered finally and i wouldn't bet against 343i bringing out Halo Reach either. 2 Of the best 360 games would make me pretty happy even though i'm not that bothered about backward compatibility. They are all games i've played, completed and moved on from.