PDA

View Full Version : Digital Vs Boxed Copies

tcg joey
04-19-2015, 06:02 PM
Who prefers what format? I've only got 2 Xbox One games in boxed format all the rest have been digital. Mainly just to keep the amount of boxed down at home as well as hiding my spending from the wife. Downside though is games like Destiny which i picked up digital haven't given me any trade value. It's just dissapointed the shit out of me twice lol.

For certain games like Halo 5 i'll always pick up a boxed LE version but for everything else i just prefer the simplicity of pressing a few buttons and being made poorer.

loutzee
04-19-2015, 06:40 PM
Instant access to games is great but the downside is Xbone storage space.

tcg joey
04-19-2015, 06:52 PM
Grab a USB 3.0 drive loads of space or just delete the games and reinstall them again. I've got quite a few games installed on mine and have tons of free space. The free games really add though ��

BlackKnight616
04-19-2015, 07:21 PM
Physical every time for me, without the sell on value I'd play one hell of a lot less games.

Th3R1dge
04-19-2015, 08:49 PM
Most of mine are physical copies. The only exceptions being Destiny, Battlefield 4, and Titanfall. Of course Titanfall is because of the console bundle I got when purchasing.

S7eve
04-19-2015, 08:52 PM
Physical every time for me, without the sell on value I'd play one hell of a lot less games.

What he said. Although i sold my copies of Titanfall and Kinect sports when they were on sale for less than physical on Ebay.

Incidentally - this thread has generated a reply on two on twitter from people who have never visited this site. Shows you that twitter might be a good medium for growing this site.

sharkbiscuit79
04-20-2015, 09:38 AM
Physical copies for me generally. It's only me that plays so the pricing off online stores far outweighs the benefits of digital. 10-15 price difference, it's a no brainer unless you have two consoles in the house.

Plus I like having a collection I can look at.

I do go digital in the mega sales so a discount of 70% or more will get me downloading.

If prices for a single use copy come in at just under physical copies then I might change my mind.

Samorai
04-30-2015, 10:19 AM
A mixture for me - for the most part physical copies (such as Destiny, thank God, I managed to punt it and replaced it with Far Cry 4. I'll take riding an elephant and using a flamethrower over whatever the Hell Density was supposed to be any day). I got Titanfall with the Bone, Thief when they did it dirt cheap. I've also preordered Wolfenstein The Old Blood. I think my tipping point is 15 or under is fine for digital. Any more and I'll look to get a physical copy.

tcg joey
04-30-2015, 10:27 AM
I certainly regret going digital on some games but I don't buy all the games anymore I do wait for reviews now as well. 50 for any game is ridiculous but at least a boxes copy has resell value. Downloads should be cheaper than retail.copies which is rarely the case it seems

BoneMrLemonPie
05-01-2015, 09:17 AM
I'll go physical on anything 25 quid or more as I want the resale but Yeh digital is fine but wish the hdd was bigger so u didn't need to buy another 1 for xtra space

tcg joey
05-01-2015, 10:06 AM
I don't have that many Full games it's mostly the free ones and indie games with probably 4 full retail games. Once I've played them I tend to delete them and just download them again later on if needed