PDA

View Full Version : Kinect 2.0 is not an all seeing eye

Hadouken545
05-28-2013, 11:54 AM
After looking through several news posts yesterday about the One, I saw a recurring theme in most comment sections. That was people saying that the kinect 2.0 would be required to switch the console on and with that MS would be able to see everything you do and save it all on their new shiny servers. Apparently these people hadn't realised that the kinect is a piece of tech which can be moved/turned away from you as you cry/wank. But turns out they were wrong, the kinect is required to turn the console on from what I can tell, but believe it or not unlike any other tech out there these days they've given you the option to switch the thing off. Anyway full story at the link
Kinect News: Xbox One: Kinect won't be used to spy on you, camera can be switched off - Xbox 360 - The Official Magazine (http://www.oxm.co.uk/54819/xbox-one-kinect-wont-be-used-to-spy-on-you-camera-can-be-switched-off/)

BlackKnight616
05-28-2013, 12:02 PM
I’ll be using it to store my hat collection on, they should block its field of view.

tcg joey
05-28-2013, 01:07 PM
I'll be using it as i like Kinect, it's fun and i can have have some pretty great games with the kids. My 6 year old loves Kinect Adventures we can do most of the adventures and even Jake can get involved. Neither can hold a controller yet so it's perfect.

Hadouken545
05-28-2013, 01:14 PM
I've never personally used my kinect but my girlfriend and son have, my son in particular loves the sesame street tv game, it allows a new way to play for those otherwise left on the sidelines. The fact that it's needed for the console to work isn't exactly a big deal either, I've seen several people say they haven't got enough room for it. If you don't have room for something as small as a kinect then it's time to de-clutter.

Failed
05-28-2013, 08:26 PM
I'll be using it as i like Kinect, it's fun and i can have have some pretty great games with the kids. My 6 year old loves Kinect Adventures we can do most of the adventures and even Jake can get involved. Neither can hold a controller yet so it's perfect.

My daughter loves Kinect Adventures and dance games

Hadouken545
05-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Fai Fai loves Kinect Adventures and dance games

I fixed your sentence for you Failed

Failed
05-29-2013, 01:10 PM
pfft, i loves dance games. I'm indifferent about adventures

tcg joey
05-29-2013, 02:03 PM
Dance central is up next for me. Gonna smash that Poker face!