PDA

View Full Version : Next Gen Wish List

BlackKnight616
05-19-2013, 10:23 PM
The big day is just 2 days away guys, what do YOU want to see at the reveal? Exclusives, better indie support, more advances online infrastructure & social integration. Let us know below!

msross
05-19-2013, 11:26 PM
You know..Id love MS to cockslap gamers in the face.....

I dont think they will though.

Heres my thoughts:
MS want to move the machine into being a housing entertainment machine : NOT at being the detriment to being a game console, but being a game console plus extra,

Kinect 2 to be a major thing, with finger tracking and shit being a thing for games (but not that your xbox is watching you wank, or finger yourself ladies)
xbox video/music is now front & center to the xbox interface.. welcome to adverts front & center (theyre not currently)

plenty of premade videos of games to be shown,little actual games.
Maybe some child actors on stage to dance to whatever kinect game they are showing... Expect the child to be out of time... Children always are

What do I want : you know I dont know
What do I expect : better graphics, kinect, streaming entertainment, ghosts

What puts me off : ghosts.

tcg joey
05-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Seeing the hardware running has to happen tomorrow but i think it will be mostly about the hardware and E3 will showcase the games. We'll See the "NEW" COD ha ha yeah right, probably (hopefully) Destiny and a couple of Indy Games. Hope to get some sight of the new Kinect and maybe that illumiroom.

Soul Fire916
05-20-2013, 08:25 AM
Defiantly more variety in exclusive franchises.

I mean look at Sony compared to Microsoft, they got Killzone, Resistance, Uncharted, and God of War among countless others.

We Xboxers pretty much only got Halo and Gears of War, see the problem?

tcg joey
05-20-2013, 08:40 AM
Defiantly more variety in exclusive franchises.

I mean look at Sony compared to Microsoft, they got Killzone, Resistance, Uncharted, and God of War among countless others.

We Xboxers pretty much only got Halo and Gears of War, see the problem?

Quality not quantity mate. Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza, Left for Dead, PGR etc we didn't do badly. The days of console exclusives are nearly over thankfully i can't believe i wont get to play The Last of us on PC or 360

BlackKnight616
05-20-2013, 08:47 AM
Quality not quantity mate. Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza, Left for Dead, PGR etc we didn't do badly. The days of console exclusives are nearly over thankfully i can't believe i wont get to play The Last of us on PC or 360

Halo, Gears & Fable are terrible exclusives really, not even in the same league as some of Sony’s more cerebral games (Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, Jouney, Ni no Kuni).

tcg joey
05-20-2013, 08:52 AM
Halo, Gears & Fable are terrible exclusives really, not even in the same league as some of Sony’s more cerebral games (Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, Jouney, Ni no Kuni).

Sony has done well with Indie games you can't seriously be saying Halo and Gears are bad exclusives sales alone dwarf anything Sony have produced, Killzone now there is a dog shit series poor gameplay and pretty average sales. Journey is the current love in with the Games press, i wasn't impressed Limbo is a far superior game imo. All this high art cerebral shit is all well and good but people go mad at MS for leaving the "Core" gamer out then Sony have thrown them down the river with a raft that's burning.
Comparing Halo, Gears etc to Journey is pointless Sales are what matters and nothing holds a candle to Microsofts premier shooters and just to compare how much time have you spent on Halo compare to Journey?

BlackKnight616
05-20-2013, 09:20 AM
If sales are what matters then COD & FIFA are by your own reckoning the greatest game series known to man.

For me it’s not just about how much time I spend on a game, it’s what I take away from it, Bioshock is my greatest current gen game but it’s not overly long and doesn’t feature any MP. It’s just a perfectly formed package that you can enjoy then move on with good memories.

R0ckM0nster
05-20-2013, 09:33 AM
One of my favourite games so far has been Mass Effect (just don't mention the ending to me). If they built an MMO on this universe, I think it could be quite good.

To answer the original question though, my wish would be to have simply "better" graphics. I'm not bothered about how many polygons there are, or FPS, as long as it looks good. I don't have kinnect, so I'm hoping that doesn't be a requirement just to play games. And I hope we don't end up with some silly screen or touch pad on the controller.

Quality of games isn't solely down to MS is it, but I hope they have a good selection at launch date.

BlackKnight616
05-20-2013, 09:37 AM
The “good selection at launch” is pure pie in the sky thinking tbh, no console ever has had a good launch line-up. They usually have one “big” first party game and a load of rubbish filler that doesn’t properly use the new hardware.

R0ckM0nster
05-20-2013, 09:43 AM
lol I can't argue with that.

Samorai
05-20-2013, 09:59 AM
The “good selection at launch” is pure pie in the sky thinking tbh, no console ever has had a good launch line-up. They usually have one “big” first party game and a load of rubbish filler that doesn’t properly use the new hardware.

What are you talking about? That cars with machine guns launch game for the 360 was mint. It was so good in fact, I've repressed all memories of it so I can play it from scratch

BlackKnight616
05-20-2013, 11:41 AM
Anyway my wish list for tomorrow night looks like this:

Backward compatibility with at least 360 arcade games if not retail as well.
Upgraded Live network so parties donít constantly shit themselves and boot everyone out.
Skype infrastructure taking over Parties so we get decent audio.
Xbox Live Gold changes to match PS+.
Good exclusives. Not more Gears etc.
Show off the hardware, hope it looks sexy and sleek, not like a giant slab of grey.

tcg joey
05-20-2013, 11:52 AM
I want hardware wise the following

Run in both desktop and tower formats
Less heat
Less power consumption
similar footprint to the 360
quieter
Larger hard drive
Kinect 2.0
Similar Pad

Software wise
Skype for all voice traffic and video
HD video via Kinect 2.0
New, smoother Ad free Dash
Additional subcription model for Xbox live maybe a platinum £50 price point
Larger friends list and party size

beaker smiles
05-20-2013, 12:47 PM
It should have the ability to make coffee magically appear when I want it.

BlackKnight616
05-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Big day today, see what happens but I’m not feeling very excited atm I have to admit. Maybe I’ll start feeling a bit more into it as we approach 6.

beaker smiles
05-21-2013, 02:12 PM
End of the world today. I'm expecting a cardboard box that connects to other cardboard boxes using cans tied by string.

beaker smiles
05-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Just heard a rumour that the new Xbox will make love to your wife behind your back if you leave it in standby mode.

beaker smiles
05-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Just heard a vicious rumour that Eminem is to record the music for the start up sequence.