PDA

View Full Version : 25XP & Horde of Tickers!

g1nger1
09-14-2011, 05:12 PM
I've just had a look over at the Gears Forum and found out the following:

25XP has already started (running till midnight 19th - not sure which time zone, so have to assume it will be EST or PST)
Horde has been invaded by Tickers to assist those looking for the Seriously 2.0 cheevo.

So get your lancers out and getting chopping. :shock:

Remember we are still doing a planned boosting session (over the weekend) starting on Friday ;thumbs up;

Samorai
09-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Who's not working/schooling/training for the 50 hour Olympic Endurance Wank (Bob the G) on friday? I'm not - let's get some GOWing done!

tcg joey
09-15-2011, 08:43 AM
I am there lol

msross
09-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Dont forget kill fans, you can get seriously2 by utilising a turbo controller & leaving the game running.. its boring & doesnt take as long, but you can rack up kills whilst sleeping! (or working)

BAZZA SNIKROT
09-15-2011, 01:08 PM
played vs the tickers last night and its as dull as dishwater.

looking forward to friday night

oldson
09-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Hello old son's, if anyone is bored bored bored of the ticker event and don't need the X/P,
If you would like some classic Horde: Go to dashboard sign out, load game and open a lobby, sign back in,
invite friends, crack on old son......;thumbs up;

Th3R1dge
09-17-2011, 02:10 PM
I don't know the Tickers event is aiding me with boosting through the horde achievements. So far got Trial By and On Fire and I'm 10 waves on Under Hill short of the Snowblind one. I would like to try the 20 waves on Waystation. 30 waves on Allfathers Garden. Or the 50 waves on Nowhere just need a team as solo is incredibly dull.

S7eve
09-17-2011, 03:52 PM
i got from level 17 - 22 in a few rounds of horde but by god its boring.

i've stuck my man in a corner and put a rubber band on him to see if that works.

How long will it take me to get to 50?

msross
09-17-2011, 04:11 PM
A long, long time.. Horde really doesnt give enough XP to make it worth while.. Also you need pass the wave to get it to give that XP. with you doing nothing, the other 4 people have more work to do & generally they'll leave the game & thus you'll end up on your own (if your host) or the game ended & so you'll end up getting nothing from it.

Do an hour of KotH (which is equally boring) & youll get to 50 at least.

g1nger1
09-17-2011, 04:25 PM
i got from level 17 - 22 in a few rounds of horde but by god its boring.

i've stuck my man in a corner and put a rubber band on him to see if that works.

How long will it take me to get to 50?

Steve: if your only wanting to get to LVL50 then jump into the KoTH boosting session this evening (aim to start at 8)

You will be at LVL50 in no time at all!

S7eve
09-17-2011, 04:58 PM
It got me up to 30 before i got rumbled and kicked.

I'll play some KOTH tonight if theres any free space.

Otherwise its dull as feck on your own.

After8mintz
09-17-2011, 05:10 PM
I will make way to others going into KOTH, as i wont be joining you tonight

S7eve
09-18-2011, 09:30 AM
I really tried to stomach this up to level 50 but its so mind numbingly dull.

I got as far as level 37 and lost the will to live, so i gave up.

How any of you have stuck with this to level 100 is beyond me.

I played the road to ruin scene last night and it didnt make me want to rush out and get gears3 right away - i can deffo wait for this one.

msross
09-18-2011, 10:31 AM
I really tried to stomach this up to level 50 but its so mind numbingly dull.

I got as far as level 37 and lost the will to live, so i gave up.

How any of you have stuck with this to level 100 is beyond me.

I played the road to ruin scene last night and it didnt make me want to rush out and get gears3 right away - i can deffo wait for this one.

R2R was a definite case where it was right to pull it from the games original release as its just a level that is quite frankly a bit crap..
As an added thing in DLC, its insufferable and hopefully will have shown Epic that the stealth mechanic just doesnt work in GOW (in which case Im more than happy it was included)

Just bite the bullet and do some koth.. its a lot quicker! & itll get you to 50 very quickly..
Im just surprised theres not a lot more games of people boosting it (swing the grenade to indicate your boosting) & they'll let you join the circlejerk. when I did it it was nearly all circlejerkers & just a few griefers, Id be surprised if theres so few people who are not boosting it.

BAZZA SNIKROT
09-18-2011, 01:47 PM
yeah had a couple of party poopers when we tried to join social with unknowns.

when we boosted it with the xbox friends crowd we had trouble getting a free server and when we did it kicked us after a couple of games, so the search continued till we found another free one. all in all very frustrating which eventually we gave up and played some good ol' battlefield

Hadouken545
09-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Tis incredibly annoying, especially when you join a boosting session only for someone to quit and be replaced by a cock level 100 who just wants to come in and shotgun everyone. Still only need another 12 levels. Long day of boosting ahead of me.

S7eve
09-18-2011, 02:15 PM
R2R was a definite case where it was right to pull it from the games original release as its just a level that is quite frankly a bit crap..
As an added thing in DLC, its insufferable and hopefully will have shown Epic that the stealth mechanic just doesnt work in GOW (in which case Im more than happy it was included)

Just bite the bullet and do some koth.. its a lot quicker! & itll get you to 50 very quickly..
Im just surprised theres not a lot more games of people boosting it (swing the grenade to indicate your boosting) & they'll let you join the circlejerk. when I did it it was nearly all circlejerkers & just a few griefers, Id be surprised if theres so few people who are not boosting it.

I played proper KOTH for an hour and certainly didnt rank up that fast. A hokey cokey broke out at one point but it was mind numbing.

I liked it so much that i traded my GOW2 in for a copy of Blur today - sayonara GOW2.

tcg joey
09-18-2011, 04:49 PM
I played proper KOTH for an hour and certainly didnt rank up that fast. A hokey cokey broke out at one point but it was mind numbing.

I liked it so much that i traded my GOW2 in for a copy of Blur today - sayonara GOW2.

I was the same i managed a couple of hours, mainly by killing Mini and binned it dull as shit.

BlackKnight616
09-18-2011, 04:53 PM
When I did KotH boosting I think I got from 0 to about 69 in 2 full game of boosting, it was horribly mind numbing but it was effective.

Still, I've got to play R2R and a LOT more horde levels in GOW2 before I pick up the third instalment.

Th3R1dge
09-18-2011, 05:20 PM
If you need some company Black Knight give a shout. I need all the waves 1-X on specific maps. Especially the 1-50 on a snowblind map and 1-50 on Nowhere. The rest of the 1-20 on the dlc maps i did during the Ticker fest.

BlackKnight616
09-18-2011, 05:48 PM
If you need some company Black Knight give a shout. I need all the waves 1-X on specific maps. Especially the 1-50 on a snowblind map and 1-50 on Nowhere. The rest of the 1-20 on the dlc maps i did during the Ticker fest.

Sounds good ridge, i've really been neglecting gears of war 2 and now send as good a time as any to dive in head first and get it done.

1-50 on nowhere is hard btw but we should be able to stick it out as a team.

Hadouken545
09-18-2011, 06:21 PM
The easy way to do 1-50 on Nowhere is to get a shield and place it at the front of the house in the middle of the map then you only have to worry about the shield being knocked down some enemies who manage to climb through the windows either side, that can be easily stopped by planting nades on both. For the snowblind map 1-50 go onto underhill, in the centre is a room, don't touch the shutter button unless it randomly opens, instead plant a shield at the single door in/out of the room and wait for the enemies to come to you. Both techniques work as they are what I have done but both result in the 50 waves taking 3+ hours

After8mintz
09-18-2011, 11:14 PM
It is easier to get to 50 on horde as Social Horde has always someone joining your games and quitting out, so you are never without anyone, i remember when i first did horde it was like ranked horde where you only get 5 people but once they quit it go down, your group until you either die or get left alone to try and survive to 50 which is very difficult

Hadouken545
09-18-2011, 11:46 PM
Yay finally got to level 100 tonight. Quite chuffed and also slightly more insane now due to that flaming noise....don't think I'll ever be doing that again. Anyway, thanks guys for the boosting sessions and chuck me an invite when/if you guys need an extra person while attempting to do any horde achievments. I have them all but am willing to help you guys get them.

After8mintz
09-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Yay finally got to level 100 tonight. Quite chuffed and also slightly more insane now due to that flaming noise....don't think I'll ever be doing that again. Anyway, thanks guys for the boosting sessions and chuck me an invite when/if you guys need an extra person while attempting to do any horde achievments. I have them all but am willing to help you guys get them.

Well done welcome to the club of wings, it is worth it as if you look at Billybob video it has a medal for veteran gears on Gears of War 3 medal list