PDA

View Full Version : FIFA 12 : First details get released!

msross
04-13-2011, 03:58 PM
The first image for Fifa 12 has been released :

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/116/1161583/fifa-soccer-12-20110413040237738.jpg

Its kaka (the player, not my thoughts on fifa 11), in what Im presuming is a sort of renderd mode and not the ingame graphics..

In other Fifa 12 news :
The Line Producer (I think he draws lines for a living) for FIFA 12 said

revolutionary year for FIFA... especially in the gameplay department.
He didn't expand on this, so excuse me if I continue to call bullshit on improving gameplay on this steaming turd of a franchise.

Whilst EA wont listen to players of the games, what things could they improve on FIFA10/11/2010WorldSlug series for fifa 12?
Second guess additions before theyre publically released!

The person who makes the most bizarre idea & which gets included in the game (before its publicly stated by EA will get a cake or something delivered in the post :lol:)

Are You EXPd
04-13-2011, 05:12 PM
ive got an idea, change absolutely nothing about the game bar shifting the balance from curled shots back to chip shots, and change the menu system so that stuff is hidden in really obscure places that will take everyone a week to find.

oh and make sure you can quit out of head to head matches, otherwise I'll lose and wheres the fun in losing?

also make it so that you can make a virtual pro who can fly, turn invisible, have a glow in the dark afro that takes up the whole screen and can score from anywhere with the power of his mind alone (although you only need to press X on the controller).

and more skill moves and dickhead celebrations to top it off

After8mintz
04-13-2011, 05:31 PM
To be honest i say this every year since FIFA 10 i cant see any different to the football, sure they make differences, but one thing i would like to change it the overpowerness of people with small people running around like speed of lightening and why a pressure button being overpowered too, but graphically game cant get any better FIFA 11 was better than FIFA 10 but they both had good graphics

beaker smiles
04-16-2011, 10:09 AM
I'm reckoning EA should go retro .................. so we're talking 8 bit graphics using the full pallet of 16 colours. They should also take a few more servers off line so we get that 80's dial-up feel with plenty of lag.

Or for really radical they could turn FIFA 12 into a text based football RPG.

>Kick ball at goal
/Kick ball at goal is not a valid command
>Attempt to score
/Attempt to score is not a valid command
>Jump
/Mr Reynolds the referee disallows your jump because you are offside
>Kick referee
/Kick referee is not a valid command

Hours of enjoyment

Lurgilurg
04-16-2011, 02:07 PM
i think they should provide lil bags in the case with the game so i can throw up in it

S7eve
04-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Sounds like NHL still pisses on FIFA from a height then.

Shame nobody plays it though

BlackKnight616
04-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Never played a hockey game since NHL 05, it always annoyed me as it was too hard to score and I debt understand the over complicated rules.

Are You EXPd
04-16-2011, 03:30 PM
i have that 3v3 hockey game and im fucking terrible at it. tbh its only a matter of time until every single one of EA sport's franchises get tired and fucking rubbish.

S7eve
04-16-2011, 03:57 PM
the rules are easy and the game just takes a bit of practice. Best sports game out there, fast and violent. Can't beat it imo.

msross
04-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Think the lack of Hockey support is more to do with the low following of Hockey over here (both Ice & grass/court) - Its not something that will alter either.. Perhaps if Sky (of BBC or someone) decided to start showing games then it might, but until then, it'll remain purely in the hands of the Canadians

msross
04-29-2011, 10:06 AM
More details are leaking out (like a seeping wound with that yellow puss in it)..

unsurprisingly, Fifa 12 is definately not much of a change over fifa11

The New FIFA Sounds A Lot Like The Old FIFA (http://uk.kotaku.com/5796928/the-new-fifa-sounds-a-lot-like-the-old-fifa)
Its translated from French but this is the meaty potatoes :

- FIFA 12 introduces the 'Impact Engine' which properly tracks and formulates contact between players, including their hips, knees etc.

- The AI will also keep track of areas of the body players have been injured during a match. Players can also become injured off the ball if abused too much, especially late in the game.

- FIFA 12 also introduces 'AI Vision Game' (rough translation), which promises to make passing more realistic. If you try to complete a pass to a player that's not within visible range, for example, it's less likely you'll complete the pass. EA hopes this will get rid of "blind passing".

- Personality Plus is more developed and should influence AI players' passes this time.

- AI is said to be "more human", with each player acting more or less according to his abilities. One example given is when an AI player sees Fabregas coming towards him with the ball, he'll act more carefully.

- OPM describes "new presentation" of matches in FIFA 12, which are said to be very much inspired by English football crowds.

- The game includes three new arenas, this time with integrated benches along the sidelines and "impressive lighting effects" according to OPM France.

- Integration of a new short dribble with the left stick.

- The game features a new camera that's noticeably closer to the ground.

- There's also a new menu interface that appears to be simpler and more ergonomic than before.

I'm surprised one of their bullet points isnt 'Different music tracks from last years'

How do you injure a player off the ball? random injuries? or will players now be able to hack others & have it take effect (& presumably get carded). - This 'feature' sounds like a nonsense.

Personality Plus, well its pretty much pointless in its current iteration in fifa11.. so presumably theyre just going to exaggerate it so expect players with a certain personality to be able to that one trick wonder time after time after time.

New presentation of matches? interesting... so itll be branded by Sky with sky sponsored wipes & whatnot?
Or does it mean the crowds will no longer be cloned, flat 2D represented animations, but instead hurl objects at players, shout abuse at the nearest linesman.

New camera thats closer to the ground? the cameras adjustable already isnt it? so theyre just altering the default position! & thats a feature point?

After8mintz
04-29-2011, 10:13 AM
i think it will take the next generation of xbox to make the game even more emotional like actually being at the football match, i dont think Xbox 360 has got enough memory to do that just yet so FIFA 12 is going to be more of the same as FIFA 11

Are You EXPd
04-29-2011, 02:45 PM
inspired by english football crowds, so its going to be overpriced and full of prawn sandwich munchers?