PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 2?s new DLC Revealed

BlackKnight616
02-01-2010, 12:30 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/masseffect/images/4/41/Hammerhead.jpg
I enjoyed the driving up and down mountains in ME1, it was a nice relaxed experience where you would occasionally come across an enemy encampment/space monkeys/space cows or something cool. It came as something of a disappointment when it was revealed there would be no such hi-jinks in ME2, but my prayers have been answered with a new shark themed vehicle to live out my exploration dreams in the form of - The Hammerhead

The M57 Hammerhead is an agile hover tank in Mass Effect 2 that features improved handling on rough terrain and manoeuvres deftly in combat. It is available exclusively as DLC through the Cerberus Network. The tank continues the trend started by the Mako of naming armoured vehicles after sharks. The M57 Hammerhead downloadable content will be released within the next couple of weeks following the release of Mass Effect 2 .

Trivia:

The M57 Hammerhead is an obvious successor to the M35 Mako, which served a similar role in the first game. Since the M35 Mako was very unpopular among fans due to handling problems, it is likely that this is the reason for the Hammerhead's improved handling and optional nature.

UPDATE: Free to all Cerberus network subscribers.

kieray
02-01-2010, 01:04 PM
hope its free

obie
02-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Wooot!! FREE!!!!

Nice...

I'm sure I heard "The Hammerhead" mentioned in the game already...

Me'll have to look around see if I can find the reference

Reykaster
02-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Cool, would prefer the Mako again but wont say no to free DLC.

tcg joey
02-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Freeee NFWOGBAW (no fucking way on gods blue alien worldd) will this be free oh well fuck it good job i love the game suppose

Bigmacka
02-01-2010, 04:10 PM
sounds cool :) Its the right price to

Ghiblifan
02-07-2010, 09:05 PM
any news on when?

P.s. I miss the Mako - it was amusing hurling it off mountains