Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fifa 12 pricing details emerge... holy shit! how much?

Share/Bookmark
    View GamerTag

Gamertag: Msross

Fifa 12 pricing details emerge... holy shit! how much?

FIFA 12 RRP upped to ?54.99 | Games Industry | MCV

MCV are reporting that EA have decided to bend people over and fuck them it seems..

Not only was FIFA11 a mess, which not only required patches to fix, but still wasnt fixed months after its release, EA it seems now want to deliver the same engine with new marketing behind it for... increased prices!

Game & Gamestation are able to sell you the 'exclusive' ultimate edition for 55quid.. What do you get for this?
    24 gold packs of DLC for the first six months that will constantly update teams, squads and fitness.
    so, thats the ultimate team DLC that was shit and broken (& was a scam based on sales from ebay)

The prices wont stay the same, RRPs are always higher as stores cut margins to get lower prices, but 55 quid for what is essentially the same game but with thrown in DLC (ie, you can buy that shit anyway).. Doesnt even appear to come with that Live League bullshit they try to pull either..

View GamerTag

Gamertag: Lurgilurg
    Ultimate team was terrible, but I can still see people paying this.

If i get mine i will be getting it from asda as they always price it at ?25 on the opening week, have done for a while

View GamerTag

Gamertag: After8mintz
    I think people played Ultimate Team because it was free, i think they was trying to turn it into a RPG football, i never liked it, but if people have to pay for Ultimate Team for FIFA 12 then that will die

ICaithness Guest
    I'm not surprised that EA has decided to make this decision. There is no incentive for people to purchase the game except for the "Player Impact Engine" which, in essence, just makes it more likely that you will be injured or booked for a bad tackle than minor tackles being let pass. Of course, people will assume that this makes the game better and that it improves it - so much so that people are prepared to spend ?40 - ?60 on a game that is little more than a rehash of the previous game. I suspect EA will have fiddled with Career Mode some more, changing it so it looks different but is still the same. I won't be buying it. There are too many good games being released after this atrocity for me to be considering spending that amount on it. I might buy it when it drops in price. Maybe.

View GamerTag

Gamertag: After8mintz
    Well i am sure Shopto.net or Amazon.co.uk will probably cut price it down to reasonable ?40 or ?35, but i noticed three months after the release it usually ends up ?25, usually in Tesco

View GamerTag

Gamertag: beaker smiles
    I think they could literally shit in a box and people would still fork out good money for it. They had the chance to hook me with 11, but the net was so wide I swam away, and will not be returning upstream.

Captain Animal Guest
    Pro Evo FTW!

SummonDeath Guest
    Pro evo has literally gone down the pan though, I love football games as a party thing or even as a quick game to play (BF3 can take forever!!)
    Fifa, atm is definitely the better option, just pick it up now as its midseason and they will do their updates so you miss all the jammy glitches

Quote Originally Posted by SummonDeath View Post
    Pro evo has literally gone down the pan though, I love football games as a party thing or even as a quick game to play (BF3 can take forever!!)
    Fifa, atm is definitely the better option, just pick it up now as its midseason and they will do their updates so you miss all the jammy glitches
    Way to dig up an old thread Summon lol.

I've got FIFA so if you fancy a few games, particularly of Ultimate Team (which I love) let me know!
    "Beef? I am lacking in beef. Fawful is beefless." - Fawful

SummonDeath Guest
    lol sorry buddy, just browsing! lol

My buddy has borrowed my copy of fifa until tonight, however I will deffo be up for it in the near future, haven't started an ultimate team yet, but im doing quite well in the ranked leagues, currently sitting in league 6/10 and on my way to 5!

Perhaps I could teach you a lesson in the arts of roulette passing in the future? lol