Thread: Failed's Achievement Preview (05-11-12)

Share/Bookmark

Failed's Achievement Preview (05-11-12)

A look at the weeks releases through the eyes of an achievement whore

Halo 4

hmm, i've heard something big is out this week ... i can't think what it is, but we'll start with the look at Halo 4's achievements. First of all you get a measly 100G for completing the game on Normal, then another 40G for Heroic and an impressive 70G for doing it on Legendary. Theres collectable Terminals to gain you another 2 achievements.
    The big campaign one though is Legendary solo (Lone Wolf Legend) and you'll get a mighty 90G achievement and one for the trophy cabinet as this could be, due to Prometheans tactics the hardest Halo yet. Each level also has an heroic challenge, like 'Make a hunter fall to his demise' on Mission 6. Most, but not all of these must be done on Heroic or higher and will each give you a tasty 20G

We all love some CoOp and you'll get 2 achievements (50G) for doing the campaign on Heroic with friends. What's better than helping friends? Killing them! Multiplayer wise you'll get the usual win so many games (5 and 20), a Rank Up achievement. These will all come through natural progression, with TDM offering the best odds for acquiring 20wins.

Spartan Ops offers seasonal gameplay with or without friends. It's like a mini-campaign and the achievements reflect that. Complete the first 5 episodes on Legendary but thankfully only 1 by yourself on Legendary. A few challenges like the SP achievements and a single collectable/easter egg. Challenges also return and you'll get 2 achievements for completing 25.

The final handful of achievements are for piddling about in the menus, including changing your color and your pose. Simple stuff

Easiest way to a 1000G? I'd suggest Campaign on Heroic with a group of Friends, preferably without skipping cutscenes. Then go through on Legendary solo. If there's any SP challenges left, finish these off on the lowest difficulty possible. You'll have probably been playing some SpOps and MP by now anyway, so finish off Spartan Ops. You'll need to do one solo on Legendary. Now play some TDM or Big Team to get those final MP wins (20). Everything else should come naturally through fiddling in the menus and challenges are for SP, MP and SpOps, so you'll unlock 25 with ease.

Power Rangers Super Samurai, Mass Effect Trilogy, Tropico 4 GE, Under Defeat HD, Marvel Avengers

What's stupid enough to release between Halo 4 and BlOps 2? .... a lot suprisingly. Literally shed loads is being released like some fat man is on his way to drop his sack on the living room carpet and spill his special surprise all over the place. Mass Effect Trilogy is a collection of all 3 games, minus certain DLC. There's a good chance a lot of us have already played and/or own some of the trilogy, if not all.
    Tropico 4: Gold Edition is another re-release of an older game. It includes the games only DLC 'Modern Times', it's a really easy game to complete for 1250G but will take a long time. The hardest achievement being to have all your character traits at level 5, which only 11% of players have completed.
    Another good scorewhoring one that shouldn't take aslong is Under Defeat HD: Deluxe Edition (yet another release of an older game, albeit a Japanese one). This has a really low ratio and all that is required is to finish the game 6 times, which should take between 5-20hours, very easy.
    Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth has a handful of stand-out achievements and then a bunch of crappy 5G ones. We have Win a Match without dodging for 50G and one for not being hit for 50G, although i doubt you could do both at the same time. 50G for completing all trials. 100G for completing the campaign, 150G for completing each characters challenge and 200G for unlocking the highest rank. Which could come naturally or be a horrible grind-a-thon.
    Finally the one you've been waiting for Power Rangers Super Samurai ..... has no achievements yet. Amazon has it listed as being released this week, but who knows. It's a Kinect only game and with all Kinect games, the motion tracking will either make this super easy or super hard to finish. If it works properly then i think this will be a really easy 1000G.

(information from xbox360achievements.org and TrueAchievements.com)
    Last edited by Failed; 11-05-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Screw that for a laugh, I’m playing Dishonored/FIFA/Borderlands.

Halo 4 on Legendary was a doddle because you could do it co-op relentlessly respawn and re-enter the fray until your enemies were buried under a mountain of Spartan corpses. No skill required!

I never bothered with Halo Reach on Legendary purely because of the fact you had to do it solo and Legendary solo on Halo is an absolute joke (although not as hilariously difficult as COD: WaW was).
    "Beef? I am lacking in beef. Fawful is beefless." - Fawful

View GamerTag

Gamertag: sharkbiscuit79
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnight616 View Post
    Screw that for a laugh, I’m playing Dishonored/FIFA/Borderlands.

Halo 4 on Legendary was a doddle because you could do it co-op relentlessly respawn and re-enter the fray until your enemies were buried under a mountain of Spartan corpses. No skill required!

I never bothered with Halo Reach on Legendary purely because of the fact you had to do it solo and Legendary solo on Halo is an absolute joke (although not as hilariously difficult as COD: WaW was).
    I never got passed one of the missions on Halo 3 Legendary but I did finish REACH solo on legendary and didnt find it that bad. When I did do it is was nice getting Gods Must be strong and A Monument to all your Sins achievments at the same time totalling 275G

I remember trying to do one of those Vidmaster Challenges with Joe and Steve one night, we were at it for hours on end and the one time we actually managed it Joe betrayed me and fucked it all up.

What a bloody terrible night.
    "Beef? I am lacking in beef. Fawful is beefless." - Fawful

View GamerTag

Gamertag: joe is special
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnight616 View Post
    I remember trying to do one of those Vidmaster Challenges with Joe and Steve one night, we were at it for hours on end and the one time we actually managed it Joe betrayed me and fucked it all up.

What a bloody terrible night.
    That night was amazing i recall betraying you as we jumped into the frigate lol
    I looked death square in the eye, he blinked" Giant Grizzly Bear

View GamerTag

Gamertag: Bonemrlemonpie
    Reach legendary solo was a pain, feckin elites give me back the no shield brutes

The last set of zealots at the end of Reach ..... gah!!!

View GamerTag

Gamertag: Msross
    This week, I will be whoring Game Room..

Chopper Command or something at the moment! - Quality graphics! (I use my TV's 3D display to really make the graphics pop out from the screen)

Game Room caused my last xbox to implode due to the graphical awesomity!